Using online reviews to grow your small business is not only smart, but a key component to a successful small business marketing campaign. In fact, if you’re not using online reviews to grow your small business, you may be missing out on a lot of new customers.
In yesterday’s post, we talked about ten eye-opening facts about online reviews, and in today’s post we want to share ten more. But these are more than just facts about online reviews—they’re also great reasons why local business directories—and the online reviews they give your business-should be the foundation of your local business marketing plan.
Here are ten more facts about online reviews for local businesses.
- Not all bad reviews will hurt your business. A recent study shows that when a local business has some bad reviews, it causes consumers to spend more time on the review site, and 85 percent of them convert more often into a customer. Of course, consumers read all reviews, not just the bad ones, and if you also have positive reviews, it tends to negate the bad ones.
- One study shows that people tend to choose a business based on the number of reviews it has rather than the quality or overall rating it has achieved. That’s because people equate a business with a lot of reviews as having an active, engage customer base. So again, bad reviews aren’t necessarily a deal buster for many of today’s consumers.
- In another study, 36 percent of those asked say that reviews on Google and local search engines are the most important fact to consider when deciding whether or not to visit a local shop, store, or restaurant.
- Many local business owners wonder if they should respond to online reviews, but a recent study answers that question. According to the participants, 78 percent of them feel like a business cares more about its customers if they respond to reviews. And that means responding to both good and bad reviews. A great way to thank customers for good reviews is to use the exclusive feature on FindUsLocal.com. It allows both consumers and business owners to leave live comments about the business that show up on the site’s live feed.
- In a fascinating study conducted on 30,000 small business owners, it found that when those businesses added online reviews to their sites, it increased their search engine rankings from 5,500 visitors a month to 8,000 visitors. That’s a direct correlation that no local business owner should ignore.
- Almost 100 percent of consumers read online reviews when research a product or service that they are planning to buy. And if your local business doesn’t have online reviews, it almost certainly knocks you out of the consideration process. Just one more great reason to create your local business listing today.
- Online reviews dramatically increase conversion rates. For moderately priced items, online reviews have shown to increase conversion rates by 270 percent. And for high ticket items, the conversion rate climbs to 380 percent.
As you can see, today’s local business owners simply can’t expect to run a profitable business unless consumers have access to online reviews about their shop, store, or restaurant. Luckily, local business directories like FindUsLocal.com make it easy. To set up your local business listing, just visit the local business directory, claim your business and set up the local listing, and then begin asking your customers to leave reviews. As the above facts show, this one simple act should result in increased business for your local business.