If you own a local business, you probably have one thing on your mind this Christmas season: getting your fair share of holiday purchases. After all, this is the time of year when shoppers are out in droves buying all of the gifts for their friends and families. And you know how they find local businesses to shop at? By using local business directories.
How Much Will Shoppers Spend This Year?
According to the experts? A lot. Consumer confident has skyrocketed and that means they will be spending a lot of money during this year’s holiday season. And despite all of the dire predictions, local business is decidedly not dead. In fact, during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, most shoppers love to get out in it. They enjoy seeing the Christmas decorations at the local shops and interacting with all of the festivities.
But if you’re local shop or restaurant isn’t on a local business directory, you’re not likely to get your share of all that business.
Let’s fix that now, shall we?
But First, What Is a Local Business Directory?
In the past, it was easy for local businsess owners to get the word out about their shops, service businesses and restaurants. All they had to do was hang a visible sign, take out an ad in the local Yellow Pages, and run ads in local newspapers or coupon books.
Boy, have times changed.
These days, when someone looks for US local business, they turn to local business directories. These useful directories are a tech savvy version of the old Yellow Pages. That’s because when someone wants to find local busineses, they use local business directories in much the same way.
Here are some similarities that local business directories and the old Yellow Pages have in common:
- They both list only the businesses that can be found in the local area
- They are categorized by types of businesses. For instance, you would look under “flower shop” to find a local florist in the Yellow Pages. And on a local directory like FindUsLocal.com, you would type “flower shop” into the search bar. Both would provide the same results.
- Both the Yellow Pages and local business directories make it very easy for shoppers to find local business.
Although both types of local directories have some things in common, they do have one very big difference: price.
If you run an ad in the Yelllow Pages, even today when it’s not used by many people, it can cost in the thousands. And that’ for a small ad that is difficult to notice. But if you set up a business listing on a local business directory like FindUsLocal, it will cost exactly…nothing.
That’s right. You can set up a free local business listing on credible business directories like FindUsLocal.com.
And here’s the deal: there’s no catch.
Check out this short video that sums it up nicely:
Why Do Shoppers Use Local Business Directories?
At this point, you might be wondering why someone who wants to go to a local shop or restaurant would go online to find information about local businesses. After all, isn’t it easier to pull out the Yellow Pages and look for a store or eatery there?
One question: have you tried using the Yellow Pages lately?
So many local businesses have stopped running ads in the books because they know that consumers don’t uses them any more. They realize that today, when a shoppers wants to find a local business, they go online.
That’s because most local businesses have an online presence these days. But building a company website can be expensive, so most chooses to advertise on a local business directory.
And today’s tech savvy shoppers understand that.
Perhaps that’s why a recent study shows that almost 100 percent of shoppers look toward a local business directory when they want to find a local business.
How to Get a Free Local Business Listing
You would think that creating a free local business listing is hard, wouldn’t you? After all, no one is going to provide such a tool that will help increase your local sales that easy, are they?
Actually, they do.
Setting up your free local business listing is so easy that you can do it in a snap. All you have to do is go to FindUsLocal.com and fill in a few blanks. Here’s the exact process you need to do to get your free local business listing.
- Go to a credible local business directory like FindUsLocal.com. It’s important to remember that not all business directories are equal. And that’s why you need to choose one that actively markets itself so that Google and the other large search engines will display it’s business listings.
- Click on the “Add My Business” button on the top right hand corner of the site.
- Now, fill in the details of your business. You will want to include the basic details such as your business name, business address, business phone number, and a business website if you have one. But you should also include the details that shoppers are likely looking for. For instance, you should list your store hours so they know when to visit, any special brands or products you carry, and if you own a local restaurant, an indication of what kind of foods you serve.
Once you’ve added all of the details, click finish and your business will be listed on the local directory later that day. And you won’t have spent a dime.
Just think, free local marketing on the place where almost 100 percent of shoppers go to find local businesses.
Can it get any better than that?
Now that you have a free local business listing, it’s time to stock your store and get ready for all the holiday shoppers who will walk through your doors. After all, once you’re listed on the spot that most consumers go to when they want to find local businesses, the chime on your business door will begin to chime all the day long!