As the end of the year approaches, it’s time for many local shop owners to begin the holiday sales. But this year experts say that consumers have cash in hand and are ready to spend it. But here’s the truth: if your local business isn’t already listed on a local business directory, you may miss out on a lot of sales.
So what can you do? Make sure to take advantage of the free local business listing offered by credible business directories like FindUsLocal.com. But before we tell you how to do that, let’s take a look at what’s in store for local shop owners this Christmas season.
What’ the Predicted Average Spend?
This year, consumers are confident about the economy and they aren’t hesitating to spend a little more on Christmas gifts for friends and family. In fact, according to one recent study, consumers say they plan to spend on average $1,500 this year. And the high end spenders—those in upper income brackets—say they will spend closer to $2,100 this holiday shopping season.
But Will They Buy Locally?
Another study done by the same group found a vast contrast in how people think about how and where consumers spend their money. For instance, it is commonly believed that millenialls only buy things online and never go into local shops. But the study found just the opposite. Visits to retails shops in many areas of the county is actually on the rise, particularly in Texas and Florida. Other numbers show that this year’s sale are on track to beat last year’s sales.
That’s because the younger generation prefers experiences and shopping locally provides that kind of experience. Imagine going into a retail store during the holiday season. What would you find? Christmas trees and lights, holiday music, hustle, bustle, and an all around good mood.
Try getting that at an online store.
How to Make Sure You Don’t Miss Your Share of Holiday Sales
If you own a retail store, all this news is bound to excite you. After all, Christmas sales make up a lot of local shop owner’s income for the year. But to cash in on all those sales, you’ve got to get your store’s name in front of all those shoppers. How do you do that?
By creating a free local business listing.
What Is a Free Local Business Listing?
A business listing is just like it sounds: a listing that tells consumers all about your local business. In it, you can find a business name, business address, business phone number, and a business’ website. But you can also learn much more.
When looking at local business listings on a local business directory, consumers can learn a shop’s store hours, what kinds of payment they accept, which brands they sell, and even where to park when visiting the store. In short, a local business listing is like an old Yellow Page ad, only better.
Do You Have a Local Business Listing?
If you run a local business, you may be wondering why you would need an online business listing. After all, your customers live in the same city or town that your business is located in. Why would you need to advertise online.
The answer is simple: it’s the way the world works these days.
No one is going to drag out the old, dusty Yellow Pages to find local businesses. Instead, studies show that almost 100 percent of people go to local business directories when they want to find local businesses. And if yours can’t be found on a local business directory, shoppers may not know you exist. Instead, they will shop at your competitors who have taken the time to set up their own local business listing.
But I Don’t Have the Time to Set Up a Free Local Business Listing!
We know, it’s the holiday shopping season and you’re doing all you can to keep up. But here’s the deal: if you want to increase the number of shoppers who walk through your door, you’ve got to make sure they know about you. And it’s a given that they’re looking online for local businesses just like yours.
Do you want to be found?
Here’s the good news: it only takes about ten minutes to set up your free local business listing. But that ten minutes can turn into a lot of new sales as all those holiday shoppers find your store and then visit it.
Here’s a quick guide that teaches you how to set up your free business listing in ten minutes or less:
- Go to a credible local business directory like FindUsLocal.com. It’s important to remember that not all business directories are equal. And that’s why you need to choose one that actively markets itself so that Google and the other large search engines will display it’s business listings.
- Click on the “Add My Business” button on the top right hand corner of the site.
- Now, fill in the details of your business. You will want to include the basic details such as your business name, business address, business phone number, and a business website if you have one. But you should also include the details that shoppers are likely looking for. For instance, you should list your store hours so they know when to visit, any special brands or products you carry, and if you own a local restaurant, an indication of what kind of foods you serve.
- Finally, it’s time to ask your customers to go to your business listing and leave some online reviews. Today’s consumes don’t like to visit new shops without first reading a few good online reviews from other customers. And studies show that consumers are more than happy to leave an online review for a business if asked. So, don’t be shy? Ask your customers to leave an online review for your store as they check out!
And here a quick video showing the importance of these steps:
Tis the Season to Bring in More Sales
Along with all the sentimental and joyful reasons for the season, bringing in more sales is a major concern for local store owners. And to take full advantage of the current consumer confidence, you should do all you can to ensure that they can find your store during their shopping excursions.
How can you do that? By creating your free business listing on a credible local business directory like FindUsLocal.com. By listing your business on his innovative local directory, you will be giving shoppers even more than your store’s information.
Here are the gifts shoppers will find on the site:
- The local news from their area
- Local sports scores from their city or town
- Ticket to local events inn their area
- Social media postings from their area
- Funny and thoughtful sayings to start their day
- Local weather updates
As you can see, when someone logs onto a local business directory like FindUsLocal.com, they won’t just find local stores and restaurants (although that’s the main reason they visit the site!). They will also find tons of information about their local area.
Are You Ready to Bring in More Sales?
If you’re ready to increase your sales during this holiday season and you don’t already have a local listing for your store, it’s time to put one up now. Simply head on over to FindUsLocal.com and enter your information. Soon, you’ll be ho, ho, ho-ing all the way to the bank!