Did you know that getting reviews for your local business is one of the smartest things you can do? In today’s marketplace, it’s considered mandatory for local businesses to have reviews in order to attract new customers. That’s because today’s buyers rely on those reviews to decide whether or not to do business with a local shop or restaurant. In fact, here are just some of the benefits you’ll reap by having good local reviews:
- It will make your local business stand out. Imagine that you were looking for local business to visit and you came across a few options on the local business directory. One of the local shops had a 5 star rating, while the other 2 didn’t have any reviews. Which one would you do business with? If you’re like most people, you would visit the one with the good rating. That’s true for most people, and it’s one of the most important reasons why you need good reviews on all of your local business listings.
- Good reviews will increase your sales. Recent studies have shown that 90 percent of people feel more comfortable making a purchase from a store that has some good online reviews. That’s a pretty simple way to increase your conversion rate in your store.
- Some people will only shop at highly rated stores. There are a lot of people who wouldn’t dream of doing business with a shop or restaurant that wasn’t highly rated. And if your business is, they will bypass your competitors who don’t have any reviews, or have some that aren’t great, and shop in your store.
- Good reviews give your local business credibility. Today’s consumers are wiser and more knowledgeable than those of the past, and they want the shops they do business with to have credibility—and today’s credibility is based on social proof. Online reviews are an easy and effective way to build that credibility fast and affordably.
Now that you understand the important of online reviews, let’s talk about some of the ways you can persuade your customers to leave them for your business. Here are 5 ways to begin building online reviews on the local business directory today:
- Ask for them. Many local business owners avoid this method, but studies show that people are more than willing to leave online reviews for local businesses—if only they’re asked. Make it a habit to ask every customer as they’re checking out if they will leave a review on your local business listing.
- Use email signatures. As a local business owner, you likely send out emails to your existing customers on a regular basis. You can create a custom email signature that asks them to leave a review for your business on a local business director like FindUsLocal.com. Be sure to include a link to the local business listing because the easier you make it for your customers, the more likely they will be to leave that all-important review.
- Make a flyer. If you make special flyers asking for a review and leave them by the cash register, many customers will take them and use it to remember to leave a review for your business. Just be sure to include all the pertinent information they’ll need to leave it.
- Put the request on your business cards. As a local business owner, you still use business cards to communicate with the people in your community. If you include the URL of the local business directory where your business listing is, and then add a simple line that requests a review, you’ll increase the number of reviews people find on your local business listings.
- Add a request to other emails. As you send out email announcement for new products or sales to your customers, be sure to add a special request for reviews at the end of the text. Again, be sure to include the link to your local business listing to make it easier for your customers to leave a review.
Remember, you don’t want your customers to all leave reviews on the same day because people who read them will view them as fake. Instead, try to spread out your requests so that the dates on your online reviews look organic and natural.
Having your local business listed on a local business is one of the smartest things you can do, and if you have at least 10 reviews on that local business listing, it’s even better. If you haven’t already listed your business, why not head over to FindUsLocal.com and create your local business now? It can only help bring in new business, and who doesn’t want that?