According to a recent survey conducted by Capital One Spark Business, 76 percent of small business owners say they face problems when it comes to marketing their business. And of those surveyed, 39 percent say that they haven’t conducted any marketing in the past 6 months.
One of the reasons is that online marketing has made (in their minds) made it more difficult to outline and execute a successful online marketing campaign.
Here are some of the takeaways from the survey:
- 41 percent of those surveyed say that have difficulty identifying and reaching new customers.
- 32 percent of those asked say they are having trouble finding the money needed to market their small or local business.
- 18 percent say they can’t gain attention for their local business because of local competition
- 18 percent of them say they struggle to get expert advice about how to market a local business.
- 17 percent of the survey participants say they struggle with customer retention
- 64 percent of those surveyed say they feel they aren’t able to marketing their local business the way they would like to.
- And perhaps most shocking is that 70 percent of the survey takers say they would like to set aside extra funds for the marketing of their local business, but only 8 percent of them have a mentor they trust to help them do it correctly.
Wow, that’s a lot to break down, but one thing is clear: setting up a free local business directory is the solution for every one of these perceived problems except one. (Customer retention)
So, how can a local business directory address all of these problems? Let’s take a closer look.
- Identifying and reaching new customers is easy when you have a free local business listing because today’s consumers look online when trying to find US local businesses.
- For those local business owners who believe they need thousands of dollars to run a successful local marketing campaign, we have good news. It’s free to set up a local business listing on a credible local business directory like FindUsLocal.com.
- Local competition can only hurt you if they have an online presence and you don’t. If they have a local business listing in place, consumers will likely visit their store instead of yours. Compete with your local competition by ensuring that you’re seen online!
- You don’t need to pay an expert in regards to marketing a local business. But if you want some great free advice, check out this YouTube video about local business marketing.
- You don’t have to join the crowd of local business owners who know marketing is important, but don’t dedicate the time to it. It only takes about 10 minutes to set up your free local business listing.
- If you’re looking for mentor to help with local marketing issues, look no further than the FindUsLocal.com blog. It’s free and packed full of quality information about marketing a local business.
Local marketing doesn’t have to be hard, but there is one rule you do have to follow: you need an online presence. If you don’t already have your local business listing, why not take 10 minutes now and set it up at FindUsLocal.com?