The economy is picking up steam big time and many local business owners are reporting record breaking profits. In fact, businesses across all industries are seeing profits not realized since the Great Recession of 2008.
But not all local business owners are seeing new customers walk through the doors.
Why not? Because not every local business owner has realized the importance of having an online presence.
Why Local Businesses Need an Online Presence
In the past, local business owners could rely on local marketing efforts in their own hometown. For instance, they could run an ad in the Yellow Pages or in the community newspaper and that would bring great results because that’s where consumers went to find US local businesses.
But times have changed, and today’s consumers go online when finding local businesses. But many local shop and restaurant owners haven’t made the shift—and that means they’re leaving money on the table.
How to Get an Online Presence
If you haven’t updated your local marketing efforts, it’s time to do it so you can reap the harvest of local consumers looking for a business like yours. But it’s no longer necessary to build a costly website. These days, shoppers look on local business directories when they want to find US local businesses.
These directories allow consumers to bypass the large search engine results that are filled with blog articles, national chain websites and other irrelevant information. A local business directory only provides local business information in its results.
How to Create a Free Local Business Listing on Local Business Directories
If you’re ready to take advantage of the booming economy and create an online presence, your first step is to create your own free local business listing on a credible local business directory like FindUsLocal.com. Here are simple steps you need to take:
- Log onto FindUsLocal.com and use its search bar to find your local business.
- Click on your business name in the results and claim the listing as your own.
- Fill in as many details as you can about your business. Remember, this is the place where customers go to find local businesses, so you should offer them as many details about your business as you can.
- Encourage customers to leave online reviews for your business on your local business listing. Every time someone leaves a review for your business, it get the attention of the search engine bots and improves your ranking. In addition, today’s consumers read online reviews before deciding whether or not to visit a local business.
- Interact with your community by leaving a comment on your free local business listing. FindUsLocal.com allows both business owners and its customers to leave comments about the business that are then fed into a live stream that appears on every visitor’s home page. It’s a great way to keep in touch with your community—and get the attention of the search engine spiders.
Yes, it’s true that the economy is picking up speed, but unless you update your local marketing tactics, you probably won’t see an uptick in business. Create your free local business listing right now so your business can be found where local consumers look!